These instructions are for our 2-piece LED mirror design, which has a separate aluminum frame that is not attached to the mirror. If your mirror is already attached to the frame in a single integrated design, please visit: Standard 1-Piece Installation Instructions
PLEASE BE CAREFUL removing the mirror from the box and handling the mirror when you set it aside to install the frame. The frame is installed first, BEFORE the mirror is hung on the frame.
Use Goof-Off (original squeeze can, not spray) to remove any residue on the frame. Use ammonia-free window cleaner to clean the front of the mirror.
- Make sure that your electrical connection to the mirror is Romex standard house wiring, 14/2 or 12/2 from a standard light switch (connection to light switch is optional if your mirror has an integrated switch). A dimmer wall switch will not work with our standard mirror configuration. If your mirror included a Dimmable Power Regulator upgrade, please use this link for wiring with this upgrade, which only works with a special low-voltage dimmer switch.
- The house circuit wiring can be located in the wall anywhere generally in the center of where the mirror frame will be mounted. If you are installing your house wiring before receiving your mirror, we recommend staying within 4 inches of the center of the mirror to be safe. The frame is open in the back. The connection wires on our mirror frame as several inches long to provide some "play" to connect to the house power. Here are some general dimensions for the frame:
- Front-Lighted Mirrors: The outside of the frame will be approximately 1 inch inside the perimeter of the mirror. The inner frame is approximately 4.75 inches inside of the outside frame. The upper mounting bar is approximately 8 inches from the top of the outside frame.
- Side-Lighted Mirrors: The outside of the frame is approximately 2.5 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror. The top mounting bar is approximately 4.25 inches from the top of the frame.
- Mount the aluminum frame to the wall using the supplied hardware (screws and plastic drywall mounting anchors - do not use a power drill to screw in the twist-style anchors). Make sure the frame is perfectly level. Before installing the frame, make sure to double-check the measurements of the mirror to ensure that when it is mounted it will be in the correct position.
- Wire the house wiring to the loose black, white and green wires extending from the frame (first make sure the circuit breaker is turned off!). Connect HOT to BLACK, GROUND to GREEN, and NEUTRAL to WHITE.
- Turn on the switch to check the wiring.
- Hang the mirror on the frame, then remove the corner protectors and protective film covering from the front of the mirror.
If you have any questions feel free to call us at 937-810-0200 or email us at email@example.com. Thank you for shopping with us!
Print these instructions for future reference.