Please read carefully, plus see this video on YouTube demonstrating installation of our flush mounted cabinets:
Our flush mounted cabinets come out of the box as dual-purpose (flush or surface) medicine cabinets. In order to prepare for flush mounting, please do the following:
- All medicine cabinet sizes require a rough opening of 3/4 inch smaller than the size of the cabinet in width and height. For example, a 24x32 inch medicine cabinet would have a rough opening of 23.25 inch by 31.25 inch.
- The hinged side of the cabinet is where the power input is located. It will be necessary to cut a 3-inch long notch in the 2x4 that is adjacent to the hinged side of the cabinet, 6 inches from the bottom of the rough opening and extended to 9 inches from the bottom. Notch needs to be large enough to allow the Romex to be connected through the side of the cabinet.
- Romex must be 14/2 or 12/2 and connected to a standard light switch.
Cabinet Preparation and Installation
- Please make sure to remove the mirror door from the cabinet before mounting, be very careful removing and place on a soft, protected surface! This will make the installation much easier, and prevent possible damage to the mirror.
- Please remove the side mirrors using the 3 screws on each side, these will not be used. Also remove the glass shelves to keep them protected.
- If you are running the house electric (Romex) inside of the cabinet, remove the aluminum panel that houses the electronics and pull the existing cord into the box. This cord will need to be cut to length for the Romex connection. In addition, you will need to enlarge the hole to 7/8 inch for a Romex clamp (use step drill to enlarge hole).
- The Romex would be attached to the cut cord Black to Black, White to White and Green to Ground.
- Re-install panel and test lighting. Once cabinet is installed, re-install the cabinet door.