Use these instructions if your mirror and frame are constructed as a single integrated unit. If your mirror and frame are separate units (not integrated), please see these instructions on our website.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL removing the mirror from the box and handling the mirror when you set it aside to install the frame. The frame is installed first, BEFORE the mirror is hung on the frame.
Use Goof-Off (original squeeze can, not spray) to remove any residue on the frame. Use ammonia-free window cleaner to clean the front of the mirror.
- Make sure that your electrical connection to the mirror is Romex standard house wiring, 14/2 or 12/2 from a standard light switch (connection to light switch is optional if your mirror has an integrated switch). A dimmer wall switch will not work with our standard mirror configuration. If your mirror included a Dimmable Power Regulator upgrade, please use this link for wiring with this upgrade, which only works with a special low-voltage dimmer switch.
- The house circuit wiring can be located in the wall anywhere generally in the center of where the mirror frame will be mounted. If you are installing your house wiring before receiving your mirror, we recommend staying within 4 inches of the center of the mirror to be safe. The frame is open in the back. The connection wires on our mirror frame as several inches long to provide some "play" to connect to the house power. Here are some general dimensions for the frame:
- Front-Lighted Mirrors: The outside of the frame will be approximately 1/2 inch inside the perimeter of the mirror. The open area in the back of the mirror is approximately 5 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror.
- Side-Lighted Mirrors: The outside of the frame is approximately 2 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror. The open area in the back of the mirror is approximately 7 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror on the top and left side based on vertical mounting, and 3.5 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror at the bottom and right side based on vertical mounting.
- Most single-piece design mirrors can be installed in two directions: Horizontally or vertically. This can be verified by identifying two mounting brackets on the back of the mirror frame:
- Mounting Bracket Installation: Select the orientation that you wish to mount the mirror, and use a screwdriver to remove the mounting bracket that you will not be using from the back of the mirror. Using the loose mounting bracket and mounting hardware that was provided with your product (if there is more than one loose bracket, choose the one that matches the size of the bracket on the mirror), install the mounting bracket on the wall in the desired location. Make sure the bracket is perfectly level, and measure carefully based on the position of the companion bracket that is located on the back of the mirror.
- Using Mounting Holes: These mounting keyholes are positioned on the frame to support either vertical or horizontal installation. First, remove both of the mounting brackets from the rear of the mirror to allow for a flat surface for mounting. Select the holes for installation based on the target orientation of the mirror, and measure carefully to locate the wall anchor hardware on the wall to mount the mirror on the target holes in the back of the frame. You can choose to hang the mirror using 2 wall anchors based on the holes at the top of the mirror, or 4 wall anchors at both the top and the bottom of the mirror.
- Wire the house wiring to the loose wires extending from the frame (first make sure the circuit breaker is turned off!).
- If the mirror wiring does NOT have a green ground wire: Connect BLUE mirror wire to WHITE house wire. Connect BROWN mirror wire to BLACK house wire.
- If the mirror wiring has a GREEN ground wire: Connect BLACK to BLACK, WHITE to WHITE and GREEN to the house copper wire.
- Turn on the switch to check the wiring.
- Hang the mirror on the frame, then remove the corner protectors and protective film covering from the front of the mirror.
If you have any questions feel free to call us at 937-810-0200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print these instructions for future reference.
Thank you for shopping with us!