Use these instructions if your mirror and frame are constructed as a single integrated unit. If your mirror and frame are separate units (not integrated), please see these instructions on our website.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL removing the mirror from the box. Make sure that you lay the mirror face down on a flat surface to review the wiring. Place a blanket or towel on the flat surface to protect the surface of the mirror. Do not remove the corner protectors until the mirror is installed.
Use Goof-Off (original squeeze can, not spray) to remove any residue on the frame. Use ammonia-free window cleaner to clean the front of the mirror.
- Make sure that your electrical connection to the mirror is Romex standard house wiring, 14/2 or 12/2 from a standard light switch. A dimmer wall switch will not work. If your mirror included a Dimmable Power Regulator upgrade, please see instructions for wiring with this upgrade, on our website's blog.
- The electrical connection can be located in the wall anywhere generally in the center of where the mirror frame will be mounted. If you are installing your house wiring before receiving your mirror, we recommend staying within 4 inches of the center of the mirror to be safe. The frame is open in the back. The connection wires on our mirror frame are several inches long to provide some “play” to connect to the house power. Here are the general dimensions for the frame:
- FRONT-LIGHTED MIRRORS: The outside of the frame will be approximately 1/2 inch inside the perimeter of the mirror. The open area in the back of the mirror is approximately 5 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror.
- SIDE-LIGHTED MIRRORS: The outside of the frame is approximately 2 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror. The open area in the back of the mirror is approximately 7 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror on the top and left side based on vertical mounting, and 3.5 inches inside the perimeter of the mirror at the bottom and right side based on vertical mounting.
- Your mirror is designed to be mounted in two directions: Horizontally or vertically. You will see that there are two different ways to mount your mirror:
- MOUNTING BRACKET installation: Select the orientation that you wish to mount the mirror, and use a screwdriver to remove the mounting bracket that you will not be using from the back of the mirror. Using the loose mounting bracket and mounting hardware that was provided with your product (if there is more than one loose bracket, choose the one that matches the size of the bracket on the mirror), install the mounting bracket on the wall in the desired location. Make sure the bracket is perfectly level, and measure carefully based on the position of the companion bracket that is located on the back of the mirror.
- USING MOUNTING HOLES: These mounting keyholes are positioned on the frame to support either vertical or horizontal installation. First, remove both of the mounting brackets from the rear of the mirror to allow for a flat surface for mounting. Select the holes for installation based on the target orientation of the mirror, and measure carefully to locate the wall anchor hardware on the wall to mount the mirror on the target holes in the back of the frame. You can choose to hang the mirror using 2 wall anchors based on the holes at the top of the mirror, or 4 wall anchors at both the top and the bottom of the mirror.
- Wire the house wiring to the loose wires coming out of the connecting block that is attached to the frame (first make sure the circuit breaker is turned off!). Connect BLACK to BLACK, WHITE to WHITE and GREEN to the house copper wire.
- Turn on the switch to check the wiring.
- Hang the mirror on the mounting bracket or on the wall anchors (using MOUNTING HOLES), then remove the corner protectors and protective film covering from the front of the mirror.
If you have any questions feel free to call us at 937-810-0200 or email us at email@example.com.
Print these instructions for future reference.
Thank you for shopping with us!